Friday, July 8, 2011

Weeds, Be Gone!

I need some lawn maintenance advice. We have weeds. A lot of them. Our front "lawn" is actually small stones, and despite the weed block mat underneath (which I'm sure is very old and I know is completely ineffective as a result), we have a weed lawn growing in between all the stone. There are weeds everywhere. My garden has weeds. Our weeds have weeds. I pulled out a weed that looked like a small tree today.

We tried one chemical treatment at the beginning of the season (much to my protest and I'm still feeling major guilt) and it didn't really work anyway. I've heard that people use vinegar, but my future in-laws tried it and said not only was it not effective, but it made the entire neighborhood stink.

Does anyone have an environmentally friendly way of eliminating weeds?!?!? I don't have the stamina to keep pulling them out by hand, and it doesn't really seem to make that much of a difference anyway. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment