Sunday, June 13, 2010

Say No To Draino!

Unfortunately, it's a known fact that girls clog bathtub drains with their luscious locks. If you live in an older apartment complex, this becomes more problematic, as the plumbing is probably old as well.

Which brings me to my challenge for today. Tub is clogged, my first thought is Draino. I figure this is probably not the most eco-friendly option out there, so I go online to look for some natural home remedies. I come across this blog with a catchy tagline, and tried their baking soda/vinegar/boiling water idea...AND IT WORKED! I'm feeling really good about this, and although I already buy the natural cleaning products from Target (Green Works, Method, and Seventh Generation), I'll be looking into more things to clean with baking soda, and other cheap things already in my kitchen.

Also, check this out. Love this website, very informative. The videos (especially the bottled water one) even captured the attention of most of my out of control 9th graders.

2 comments:

  1. I just unclogged my drain on Friday, but I'll save this trick for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second this! And you know me and my crazy thick hair. I've been doing it for a couple months-- pour in the baking soda, vinegar, chase w/ boiling water, and my drain's been clog-free ever since :)

    ReplyDelete