Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Secret World of Trader Joes

School starts again on September 1st. While I am dreading the end of summer and beginning my 5th!?! year of teaching, the commute up north does have one perk: I will be in the neighborhood of my beloved Trader Joes once again.

We are running dangerously low on our TJ staples, and I'm excited to get back into the swing of things. In the meantime, here's an interesting article, courtesy of A and J.

In other news, I may have to go gluten-free. No definite verdict as of yet, but expect to see some G-free advice and tips on here as I try to replace my irreplaceable bread products. Hopefully my return to TJ's will yield some good finds. Here are 3 frontrunning products so far:

1) Udi's Gluten Free with online coupons, always a bonus

2) Annie's Homegrown pretty good g-free mac and cheese

3) Tinkyada  rumored to be the best rice pasta on the market. I made a baked ziti with their shells and it actually was quite tasty.

Now, if only they weren't so expensive...

No comments:

Post a Comment