Friday, July 23, 2010

Attention all IPhone users!

As I continue to make my life greener and healthier, I've begun to realize how difficult and confusing this can sometimes be. So many product labels claim to be "natural" or "organic" when they do not have the proper certification to make these claims. Even those labels and brands that are reputable still have an ingredients list that I cannot pronounce. Often times I come home and scour the Internet to make sure that I am not being greenwashed.

My friend Elena offered up a solution. GoodGuide, a free IPhone app, allows users to scan barcodes of the products they are purchasing to get instant ratings on health, social responsibility, and environmental impact. It also gives an overall rating, taking all of these elements into account. Makes me want to run out and buy an IPhone right now!

Not sure if other smart phones have apps similar to this...anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment